Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Lunch time already!?

So apparently I have been in a box for a while now.... I had never heard of bento meals... and I am a Registered Dietitian!!! Like I said, in a box!!!


The concept is not new of course, and I am sure many of you are already aware of this awesome concept.  According to www.wikipedia.com a bento meal is a single serve meal prepared at home in a box, simple enough!


Last year I was on the muffin tin meal kick which seems to be basically the same concept. I was looking for some new ideas when I stumbled across yumbox and the bento concept.  I am excited!!!  (I have a 1 1/2 year old and 4 year old home with me during the day)


Lets just say I have been lazy occupied with other things and don't feel like I have been providing the littles with such great lunches (i.e. PB & J and milk, or cheese quesadillas with salsa).  They need more variety, and healthier lunches.

So... I am changing it up!  I have already came up with a variety of menus for this week and am planning a weekly blog post with printable menus.  So check back soon to see what's coming up!!! 


I am ordering some bento friendly lunch boxes because everyone needs a cute compartmented lunch tray and getting ready to grocery shop! 

No comments:

Post a Comment